We exist to empower the community to lifestyle modification. Enhancing lifestyles through movement. The services that we provide support this vision.
Our main pillars of service - Exercise Physiology, Personal Training, Massage, Nutrition and Mindset. Our services improve health, lifestyle and performance. Be the best version of yourself.
Fit Clinic exercise physiologists provide all our services in a fully private gym. This means you will have access to all our equipment ans services with full supervision with all of our programs and in combination with all our services.
Chronic Disease Management (Medicare) GP Referrals
The Chronic Disease Management (formerly Enhanced Primary Care or EPC) enables GPs to plan and coordinate the health care of patients with chronic or terminal medical conditions, including patients with these conditions who require multidisciplinary, team-based care from a GP and at least two other health or care providers.
A chronic medical condition is one that has been (or is likely to be) present for six months or longer, for example, asthma, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, musculoskeletal conditions and stroke. There is no list of eligible conditions; however, the CDM items are designed for patients who require a structured approach, including those requiring ongoing care from a multidisciplinary team.
Whether a patient is eligible for CDM services is a clinical judgement for the GP, taking into account the patient’s medical condition and care needs, as well as general guidance
Patients who have a chronic medical condition and complex care needs and are being managed by their GP under a GP Management Plan (item 721) and Team Care Arrangements (item 723) are eligible for Medicare rebates for certain allied health services on referral from their GP.
Your GP may refer you for up to five (5) individual services or eight (8) group services
*Group services are for those with Type 2 diabetes and can be used in addition to the individual services.
*Exercise Physiology can be a claimable service under Medicare if your GP refers you to us for chronic disease management under a GP management plan. If you would like more information how to access these services under Medicare, please contact us or contact your GP for further information.
WorkCover / CTP
Fit Clinic exercise physiologists provide functional exercise for the purposes of returning an injured worker to suitable work activities. This includes specific exercise therapy related to the worker’s injury and work demands, and / or specific work activities as exercise.
All our exercise physiologists are WorkCover accredited to provide return to work services under WorkCover and CTP schemes
Om site massage therapists provide a range of specialty services. Our massage therapists provide remedial, swedish, sports, pregnancy and post natal massage.
Gait Retraining for athletic performance
- Runners wanting to remain injury free, rehabilitate an injury or run better in general
- If you’re wanting to start running and want to know how to do it properly
- Involved in a running based sport needing to get quicker
Gait retraining for older adults
- If you feel a little unbalanced and need to improve your confidence getting about town
- Want to decrease to risk of falling over
Gait retraining for anyone
- If you have a condition that impacts how you walk or move (Cerebral palsy, MS)
- If you have or have had an injury where your legs have been affected (lower back, hip, knee or ankle pain)
We assist to improve movement patterns on your lower limbs involving, video analysis, muscle testing and corrective exercises that will improve muscular control and movement patterns. This will allow you to move free and live free.
Pregnancy and Post Natal Exercise
Hi Aaron! This isn't something I originally planned to post but I wanted to say thanks so much for your support and awesome core training program, I'm super happy that all my hard work over the last 9 months has definitely paid off! Isn't the human body just the most amazing thing??
Annie - 9 months post birth of her 1st child (2014)
Exercise is generally safe during pregnancy and through the birth of your child, this can then safely be carried on as the child grows. While exercise during pregnancy is safe, it's important to get the right advice regarding this. This is why we provide exercise advice during this time
Exercise during pregnancy
- Allow your body to return to pre-pregnancy sooner
- Maintaining exercise can help with the birth
- Exercising can assist in improved recovery
- Prepare you for the necessary strength and function as your child grows
- Maintain a safe and healthy pregnancy weight gain
Exercise post pregnancy
- Get your pre-pregnancy body back
- Improve core muscle and pelvic floor control following birth
- Stretch and strengthen the required muscles for the function required
- Graded movements allowing postural control and stability
- Improve strength in the functional movements required to care for your children
These exercises will be suitable for
- Aiming to get pregnant and wanting to make it easier
- Currently pregnant or recently following childbirth
- Have had children now of any age and still feel like you need to improve in this area
Fit Clinic will be able to assist you with exercise rehabilitation.
Exercise and strengthening is often necessary for:
- Post-surgical rehabilitation (ACL reconstruction, hip/knee replacement)
- Neuromuscular exercise therapy (multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, Parkinson’s disease)
- To return body areas (lower back, shoulder, knee, hips) back to full function as muscles to not return without intervention to stabilisation following pain episodes
- Improve pain (such as lower back pain) and function
- Prevention of injury or to avoid an injury returning.
Fit Clinic will provide you with appropriate movement and strengthening advice following these or other reasons for exercise rehabilitation. Our focus is long term strategies to ensure return to function and reduction of any associated pain to keep you moving right.
Weight Loss Consulting
Fit Clinic provides weight loss consulting both for individuals and groups. In these consultations we discuss:
- Exercise strategies
- Meal planning
- Eating for weight loss and health
- Long term strategies
- How to keep it off
We provide these consultations as our 'WHY WEIGHT' Program, and as seminars to groups and companies looking to improve your company health. If you are interested to know more, ask us for more information or just get started right away.
Exercise Physiologist's are trained to provide exercise and lifestyle instruction for injury prevention and rehabilitation, and management of chronic conditions, our exercise physiologists conduct personal training sessions. Think of your exercise physiologist as a personal trainer with a medical background.
This means that your personal training sessions can be catered for with the piece of mind that AEP's (accredited exercise physiologists), have to undertake additional rigorous training, to ensure you get the best standard of care.
Get your free PDF guide
6 Steps to Bulletproof Your Body
Your guide to move from Pain to Power - Reduce pain, move optimally and improve your lifestyle.
Enter your email in the form on the right to instantly get access to this guide now (available for a limited time only)
We value your privacy