Quick, Simple and Healthy Dinner: Chicken Burrito Bowl – Serves 2
Chicken Burrito Bowl – Serves 2
1 Cup black or brown rice
400g Chicken Breast
400g Tin Mexibeans
400g Tin corn kernels
300g Jar Salsa (only need approx. 50g)
Baby Cos Lettuce (3 leaves per serve)
1 Tablespoon Light Sour Cream
Cayenne Pepper (Optional)
Salt and Pepper
- Boil pot of water. Add rice and cook on medium for 20-30mins (or to packet specifications).
- Place 1 teaspoon of oil in pan.
- Season chicken breast with paprika, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Place chicken breast in pan – cook on medium heat until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from heat to rest.
- In another pan, place beans, corn and salsa. Stir and cook for 5mins. Remove from stove and place in bowl.
- Slice chicken. Drain and stir rice.
- Dice tomato.
- Slice avocado.
- Place lettuce in serving bowl.
- Build rice, bean/corn mix, tomato, avocado up in bowl.
- Place ½ of the chicken on top.
- Top with sour cream.
Check out some of our other recipes!