Skip to main content

Fit Clinic now has a range of supplements available for purchase.

Protein Powder Differences

Most protein powder is made from cow’s milk, other forms are plant-based or plant blends.

Cow’s milk is made up of 2 types of protein, 20% whey & 80% casein. The milk is separated into curds & whey (like ‘Little Miss Muffet’). The curds are high in casein which can be used to make cheese. The whey liquid is a by-product of cheese-making.

Whey Protein Isolate

Whey protein comes from milk. It is the liquid that separates from the curds during the cheese-making process. It’s high in protein & includes lactose, some people may have difficulty digesting.

Whey protein is a quickly digested protein, providing a rapid rise in amino acids that may help increase muscle mass & strength. A whey isolate powder contains 90% or more protein.

Whey Protein Concentrate

Whey concentrate consists of 80% protein. The remaining 20% of the powder contains carbohydrates & fats. WPC is a slower release compared to isolate & is slightly less protein by weight.

This is possibly the best value & best-tasting protein as it suits most people for a variety of circumstances. The main difference between whey isolate & concentrate is that isolate undergoes more processing, which results in a higher protein, fewer carbs, lactose & fats.


Casein is a slow-digesting dairy protein that may reduce muscle protein breakdown and promote muscle mass growth & fat loss during calorie restriction. Casein has a gradual release of amino acids, reducing the rate of muscle protein breakdown.

We’d often recommend this one as a night time protein or as a meal replacement if reducing calories for fat loss goals.

Pea & Rice Protein

Some protein powders contain a blend of plant sources to provide your body with all the essential amino acids. Two or more of the following proteins are usually combined to provide the full amino acid protein (making it a more ‘complete’ protein).

Similar to the quality of animal sources which are naturally a complete protein source. Used if someone does not wish to take protein from animal sources or unable due to the lactose content.

Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)

  • Salted Caramel
  • Turkish Delight
  • Choc Hazelnut
  • Choc Fudge
  • Vanilla
  • Protella

Whey Protein Concetrate (WPC)

  • Salted Caramel
  • Turkish Delight
  • Chocolate
  • Cookies & Cream
  • Vanilla
  • Choc Caramello


  • Vanilla
  • Chocolate


  • Pineapple
  • Rasberry

Plant Blend

  • Iced Coffee

Lactose Free (Platinum)

  • Chcolate Fudge
  • Vanilla

Available for purchase now call 1300 397 497 or visit us at unit 15/2 Ash Road Prestons, NSW, 2170.